A delicious recipe using the Japanese Style Dressing Vegan Gluten Free 1 Litre Birch & Waite. (Recipe credit: Birch & Waite)
PREP TIME: 45 minutes
- Japanese Style Dressing 150 mL
- Ahi Tuna Steak 220 g
- Coconut Oil 1 tsp
- Sesame Seeds 3 tbsp
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Small Handful Mixed Baby Greens
- White Cabbage, Shredded30 g
- Peeled Edamame
- Pink Radish, Thinly Sliced
- Micro Herbs
- In a large zip lock bag, add Ahi tuna steak. Pour in 100mL of Birch & Waite Japanese Style Dressing. Marinate for 30 minutes (or up to a couple of hours depending on how strong you like the flavour). Reserve remaining 50mL of dressing to use in salad.
- Prepare salad. Layer lettuce on platter or shallow bowl, top with edamame beans and place thinly sliced pink radish next to the salad. Arrange the shredded white cabbage around the plate.
- In cast iron skillet over medium heat, heat pan and add coconut oil. Remove Ahi tuna steak from marinade (pat or shake off excess), roll in sesame seeds and cook for approximately 1-2 minutes per side. Cooking time will depend on thickness of Ahi steak and how rare you prefer it.
- Thinly slice Ahi tuna steak and place onto cabbage. Drizzle with the remainder of the Birch & Waite Japanese Style Dressing and top with micro herbs.